Supports the Hawaii Farm Bureau by providing basic administrative support duties including word processing, file maintenance/records control, telephone reception and customer service, accounts receivables, and data entry. Some work may require analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment; however, most assignments are specific, well-defined and supervised. Prepares routine reports or correspondence to support daily operations of the Hawaii Farm Bureau generally, and specifically of the Executive Director.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs administrative support functions necessary for the operations of the Hawaii Farm Bureau – incoming telephone calls, incoming and outgoing mail, couriers, physical plant (identifying resources for and obtaining competitive bids for facilities and equipment, etc).
- Develops and maintains central file system including production, copying, and indexing of central file documents.
- Schedules meetings and arranges use of conference rooms and/or outside facilities; arrange for travel, registration to seminars and workshops.
- Manages organizational calendar, to include events, meetings, teleconferences, and deadlines.
- Maintains member service database and administration of member benefit programs.
- Manages accounts receivable and payables for membership and dental premiums.
- Draft and prepare simple, non-standard correspondence, transmittals, and reports to internal and external members and customers.
- Prepares and executes mail merges, labeling, and posting of correspondence and other printed materials to the membership.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; responsible for the organization of supply cabinet.
- Collaborates with other staff to complete administrative tasks required of various projects.
- Requires a high school diploma, or GED (General Educational Development) equivalent. Business college degree preferred.
- Minimum two years prior experience in an administrative support position for an established organization exhibiting the skills to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, able to work through interruptions, and perform multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills, basic knowledge of accounts receivable process; customer service experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Quickbooks and Google Calendar.
- Indoors, air-conditioned office.
- Office work requires minimal lifting and moving of boxes, equipment weighing less than 10 pounds.
- Weekends as needed for quarterly board meetings and Hawaii State Farm Fair.