Announcement Received: April 23, 2021
The Statewide Dislocated Worker Grant (DWG) program provides subsidized disaster relief and humanitarian assistance employment at approved non-profit worksite locations, for workers dislocated from their previous employment due to COVID-19.
Available jobs for eligible individuals include:
• Meal preparers, supply packers, and delivery drivers: To provide for vulnerable communities affected by COVID-19
• Outreach workers: To provide information, assistance, and community resources to individuals impacted by COVID-19
Job Seekers will:
• Aid Hawaii’s COVID-19 disaster recovery efforts,
• Learn new skills working with local non-profit organizations,
• Receive competitive wages and medical benefits, and
• Be retained by their worksite as a permanent employee, receive assistance in finding a new job with their newly gained skills, or qualify for job training and unemployment benefits when the program ends *after one year or a maximum of 2080 hours of DWG employment
*All services and programs are subject to the availability of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act funds along with the applicant’s eligibility.
Click Here for the PDF Announcement: Dislocated Worker Grant (DWG) Program – HiEmployment
Click Here for the COVID-19 Dislocated Worker Grant Program – Employee Documentation Checklist
Statewide Project Manager: Michele David
Phone: (808) 664-6371