Kauai Coffee is seeking an Orchard Operations Manager! An amazing opportunity for a candidate with a background in agricultural management!
Kauai Coffee Company cultivates over 4 million coffee trees on just over 3,000 acres. We carefully cultivate and craft our coffee, from seed to cup, employing quality-driven, sustainability practices.
The Orchard Operations Manager oversees the orchard related operations of Kauai Coffee to meet objectives by organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling resources in the cultivating, harvesting, and crop record keeping to produce and deliver to the processing plant sufficient cherry coffee for the annual harvest and ensure the ongoing viability of the Orchard.
As a key member of Kauai Coffee Company’s Senior Leadership Team, the Orchard Operations Manager collaborates, formulates, and executes companywide strategic initiatives and annual company objectives.
Primary Functions and Accountabilities
– Develop and motivate key subordinates to meet performance objectives and provide management continuity to ensure goal congruence and achieve daily productivity, weekly targets, monthly goals, and meet or exceed operating plan levels.
– Establish sound plans and orchard operating practices to ensure continuous process improvement and attainment of required quantity and quality of coffee production.
– Formulate and recommend capital plans and operating budgets, objectives, and strategies for operations to identify cost savings and expansion opportunities consistent with total coffee production objectives.
– Develop and implement an organizational plan that effectively meets the short and long-range needs of the orchard operations.
– Develop a sound labor relation’s climate to foster total involvement, minimize work disruptions and increase productivity and ensure maintenance of management prerogatives.
– Keep current on technical developments on coffee culture, harvesting, pruning, and new cultivars to ensure improvements and technical progress.
– This position is responsible to ensure that operations provide appropriate support to the company’s marketing and sales activity.
– Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all Federal, State, Local, and Company safety, health, and environmental regulations and reporting requirements.
– Cultivates an effective safety culture and safe working environment for all employees to minimize accidents and their related costs.
– Responsible for the administration and compliance with all Company Rules, Policies, and the Company/Union Agreements to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees and to maintain sound labor relations.
– Represent Kauai Coffee Company’s interests in the community to ensure favorable reaction and support of production objectives and required changes in operation by maintaining working relationships with outside agricultural and/or service organizations.
– Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications/Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Tropical Agriculture or closely related discipline.
– Must have at least 5 years of post-graduate experience in agriculture operations.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills.
– Competent working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., and Windows-based computer systems.
– Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making and problem-solving by utilizing resource material and communication with others to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, and manage projects.
– Demonstrates critical thinking with a positive solution-oriented attitude
– Demonstrated ability to adapt to change, and to handle multiple priorities and confidential information.
– Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in collaboration with others.
– Must possess (or secure within 6 months of hire) and maintain for the duration of employment a “Certification for Private Applicators of Restricted Pesticides” license from the State of Hawaii.
– Must have a current and valid driver’s license and maintain it for the duration of employment.
*Kauai Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.