Small Business Administration to Provide Additional Funding for Restaurants, Bars, and Other Related Businesses

Small Business Administration (SBA)


Applications will be accepted beginning May 3, 2021 at 6:00 am HST.



A $28.6 billion restaurant and bar grant program application will be available starting Monday, May 3, 2021. This grant program provides debt-free funding supporting the amount of annual revenue lost from 2019 and 2020, with special provisions for businesses that opened in 2020 and 2019.


This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Recipients are not required to repay the funding as long as funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023.




1. Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – if you received PPP funding it will affect the funding calculation.


2. Shuttered Venue Operators Grant – if you have a pending or processed application, you will not be able to apply for Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF).


3. COVID Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) – you can apply for both emergency funding programs.


4. Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) – you can only apply for the funding once.


What You Need To Know

Who Can Apply?


• Restaurants
• Food stands, food trucks, food carts
• Caterers
• Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
• Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
• Bakeries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
• Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
• Breweries and/or microbreweries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
• Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
• Inns (onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
• Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products



How Should I Apply?


Currently, there are three ways to submit an application.


1. Through a recognized SBA Restaurant Partner*,
2. Through SBA directly at, or
3. Telephonically at (844) 279-8898


*Participating POS providers include Square, Toast, Clover, NCR Corporation (Aloha). If you are working with Square or Toast, you do not need to register beforehand.



What are Eligible Expenses?


• Business payroll costs (including sick leave)
• Payments on any business mortgage obligation
• Business rent payments (note: this does not include prepayment of rent)
• Business debt service (both principal and interest; note: this does not include any prepayment of principal or interest)
• Business utility payments
• Business maintenance expenses
• Construction of outdoor seating
• Business supplies (including protective equipment and cleaning materials)
• Business food and beverage expenses (including raw materials)
• Covered supplier costs
• Business operating expenses

Previous Next
Test Caption
Test Description goes like this
In observance of Thanksgiving Day, both the Hawaii Farm Bureau's State Office and our Thursday evening Kailua Farmers' Market will be closed. All other farmers' markets (KCC Farmers' Market, Mililani Farmers' Market, and Honolulu Farmers' Market) will remain open.
+ +